When it comes to renewable energy that can be reused without ever run out, we believe that everyone must have heard or familiar with them before. One of them is solar energy or Solar Cells, which have gained widespread attention. The Solar cells have also been developed to be used in many different fields such as watches, calculators, cars or even street light. Today, Wealth Tech Renewable will give an example of a Solar Street Light about its advantages and benefits.
Why are they using solar cells for street light?
The street light are located in the outdoor area that nothing can block the sunlight. Therefore, it can receive the energy from the sun all the time which is suitable for producing electricity to be used with street light at night. It can produce the energy continuously, saves money, and reduce expenses more than general street light.
The advantages of Solar Street Light
1. Save money on electricity bills. The light from a solar street light is solar powered light which is free energy from nature that will never run out. Therefore, changing general street light into solar street light can help reducing the costs of the electricity bill.
2. Reduce expenses for wiring and maintenance. Solar street light have no complicated wiring needed, because it will use solar energy to convert it directly to electrical energy. Thus, reducing the cost for maintenance of various wiring systems.
3. High security. The reason that solar street light are safer than general street light is because there is no wiring system installed. Thus, reducing the risk of accidents from short circuits or other dangers that may occur. Moreover, it is also safe for both the caretaker staff and those who have to travel during the night.
4. Long service life. The solar street light will last longer and rarely have the same problem as general street light. It is also easy to maintain by always cleaning the Solar cell so that it can receive solar energy effectively. If the solar panel area is damaged, it can be repaired or replaced immediately without having to dismantle the entire system.
5. Convenient. Solar street light have an internal system that automatically turns on and off and can store solar energy during the day to be converted into electricity for use at night. That makes the use of solar street light convenient. There is no need to worry that when the night is over, there will be no light. However, you have to select the appropriate size of solar street light that can be used all night long.
Solar street light is a new technology that is suitable for all areas. As long as the solar street light is exposed to the sunlight, it will be able to have a light to illuminate the street in the evening for safety. It is also environmentally friendly and also saves money on maintenance costs. This is the reason why we should use solar street light instead of the general street light.