Solar innovation is an infinite and clean energy. The cost of producing electricity is also getting cheaper every day. Thus making the solar energy technology or Solar Cells to be more compelling. There are also developing new technologies continuously. Aside from well-known Solar Farm and Solar Rooftop, there are also Floating Solar which is quite an interesting one. Today, Wealth Tech Renewable will introduce you to Floating Solar. Why is it interesting? What is its advantages? If you're ready, then let's have a look!
Floating Solar is where they are generating solar energy on floating structures, such as, rivers, canals, swamps, artificial basins or lakes. It is storing solar energy for using and also selling it to the Provincial Electricity Authority and the Metropolitan Electricity Authority. The same purpose as Solar Farm and Solar Rooftop. Floating solar is one of the technologies that can help in saving space for installation Solar Cell on land. The more energy we need for use, the more space for Solar Cell installation.
Floating Solar advantages.
1. Saving land spaces and making entrepreneurs or farmers do not have to waste their land.
2. Easy to install and does not require heavy equipment.
3. The quality of the water will improve. Up to 80% reduction in evaporation because the solar panel is covered.
4. Power generation is more stable, because when the solar panel is installing near water, it will make the solar panel cooler. As a result, it produces 8-10% more electricity than solar panels on the land.
5. Solar panels can be adjusted to receive sunlight better.
Nowadays, Floating Solar powerhouse has more efficient than others. It is much easier to install than on-land installation. Due to the nature of the water for cooling, it's making power generation to be very stable. In the midst of a new generation of energy innovations, "Floating Solar" is an alternative that using existing resources to the fullest. It also can be applied in agriculture to make the most of it.